I’m trying to stay on top of my cases as they proceed through the court systems in multiple states and counties, so if I miss something, let me know! Regarding hearings that were scheduled for last week and this week:
- Eduardo Posso case: A motion to suppress hearing was held on September 10 in Indiana’s Monroe County court for Luis Posso. The court granted Luis’s Motion for Separation of Witnesses. According to Indiana’s MyCase portal, “Record taken, witnesses sworn, and evidence presented. State of Indiana exhibits 1-12, all admitted without objection. The Court, informs the parties that the evidence is not closed. Attorneys moves to submit briefs without presenting opening or closing statements. Upon agreement of the parties, the State shall have until October 1, 2020 to file their first brief. The Defense shall have until October 22, 2020 to file any response Brief, and thereafter the State shall have until November 12, 2020 to file a response Brief to Defendant’s Brief.”
- Zymere Perkins case: Rysheim Smith was seen in New York Supreme Court on September 10. His next appearance was scheduled for October 22 (time unknown). He was already convicted of Zymere’s murder; his sentencing date has not yet been scheduled.
- Thaddeus Sran case: The court hearing scheduled in California’s Madera County court for Sukhjinder and Briseida Sran was continued to 8:30 AM on October 30.
- Thomas Valva case: Michael Valva and Angela Pollina were seen in New York’s Suffolk County court on Tuesday, September 15. No news came of the hearing, and the next date set was (I believe) a status hearing on October 28 (time unknown) before Judge William Condon.
- Tazmir Ransom case: The preliminary hearing was held on Wednesday, September 16 for Natasha Franks of Philadelphia. Her formal arraignment was scheduled to take place on September 30 at 11:00 AM; however, today, that hearing was cancelled. I’ll check back to see if/when it is rescheduled.
- AJ Freund case: As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, Drew Freund was seen in McHenry County (Illinois) court on the morning of September 16. He may accept a plea deal at a hearing scheduled for Friday, September 18 at 1:30 PM.
- Jazmine Robin case: A pretrial conference scheduled for today (September 17) in Texas’s Harris County court for Jason Robin Jr. was reset by the court to 8:30 AM on November 13, which had been the date Jason’s jury trial for the capital murder of his infant daughter was supposed to begin, so it appears that has been pushed back. Katharine White’s hearing set for the same date and time and in the same courtroom is marked as a disposition hearing rather than a pretrial conference.
- Emrik Osuna case: The preliminary hearing in Ada County (Ohio) court for Erik and Monique Osuna, which was scheduled for today at 8:30 AM, has been continued to October 1.
Expect a blog post tomorrow with the results of Drew Freund’s negotiated plea hearing. I’m on pins and needles hoping they don’t give him a slap on the wrist.
Sources: Official court case search portals and documents