This has been quite a week. I’ve spent the past several days digging through court records to put together this insanely comprehensive schedule of upcoming court dates for as many of the cases I’ve covered as possible. Some states have great online court searches that are free and easy to navigate; some have different systems for each county; some have systems that require payment to obtain information; and some have no online search functionality at all, so I’ve done my best to get updates on every case I’ve ever covered on the blog and the podcast.
I’ll list the ones that have scheduled dates first, in chronological order, and any that don’t have scheduled dates, I’ll list below in alphabetical order by the child’s last name. I’ll also link each child’s name to their tag on the blog, which will take you to every story I’ve posted about each child, including past updates.
- Friday, August 28 (9:00 AM): A status hearing is scheduled in McHenry County, Illinois, at which a trial date may be set for Andrew “Drew” Freund Sr., father of AJ Freund. I have also covered AJ’s case in two episodes (episode 1 and episode 22) of the podcast.
- Friday, August 28 (10:30 AM): A pretrial conference is scheduled in Jefferson County, Kentucky, for Anthony Trice, the father accused of punching his infant son, De’Anthony Trice, in the head after losing a video game. We haven’t had an update on this case in forever, so I’m glad to see it moving forward.
- Monday, August 31 (1:30 PM): Demsey Long is scheduled to be arraigned in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania in the death of her infant daughter, Luna O’Brien.
- Tuesday, September 1 (11:00 AM): Ryan and Tara Sabin are scheduled to appear in a Colorado court regarding a juvenile case for one of their surviving children. Ryan and Tara are both charged in the water-intoxication death of Ryan’s 11-year-old son, Zachary Sabin. Neither Ryan nor Tara are currently listed as inmates in the El Paso County Jail, so it appears they have both bonded out.
- Friday, September 4 (9:15 AM): A motion hearing is scheduled in a Northumberland County, Pennsylvania court for Jahrid Burgess, who is accused of murder in the case of Arabella Parker, his girlfriend’s three-year-old daughter. Arabella’s mother, Samantha Delcamp, is also charged. I covered Arabella’s story on the podcast in two parts (episode 16 and episode 17). Jahrid is still being held in the Northumberland County Jail.
- Thursday, September 10 (9:30 AM): A motion to suppress hearing is scheduled in Monroe County, Indiana for Luis Posso, father of 12-year-old Eduardo Posso. Eduardo’s story was featured on episode 15 of the podcast. Both Luis and his wife, Dayana Medina-Flores, who were circus employees, are accused of shackling, torturing, video recording, and starving Eduardo until he died last year in a hotel bathtub.
- Thursday, September 10 (time unknown): An appearance is scheduled in New York Supreme Court for Rysheim Smith, who was convicted in the 2016 murder of six-year-old Zymere Perkins, whose story was featured in episode 3 of the podcast. Rysheim is awaiting sentencing.
- Friday, September 11 (8:30 AM): A preliminary hearing is scheduled for both Sukhjinder and Briseida Sran, the Madera, California parents accused of the death of their two-year-old special needs son, Thaddeus Sran. Both Sukhjinder and Briseida are being held in the Madera County jail.
- Tuesday, September 15 (time unknown): Both Michael Valva and Angela Pollina are scheduled to appear in Suffolk County Court (New York state) before Judge William Condon. Both face charges in the freezing death of Michael’s eight-year-old son, Thomas Valva, whose story I also covered on the podcast in two parts (episode 5 and episode 6).
- Wednesday, September 16 (time unknown): Sagal Hussein is scheduled to be arraigned on charges in the death of her five-year-old special needs son, Josias Marquez, who was the subject of episode 24 of the podcast.
- Wednesday, September 16 (11:00 AM): A preliminary hearing is scheduled in Philadelphia for Natasha Franks, the mother of seven-year-old Tazmir Ransom. Natasha is accused of beating Tazmir to death during quarantine despite his father’s attempts to get custody of the little boy. I believe, although I’m not 100% sure, that Natasha is still being held in the Philadelphia County Correctional Facility. I got conflicting information from a couple of different sources.
- Thursday, September 17 (8:30 AM): A pretrial conference is scheduled in Harris County (Texas) court for Jason Paul Robin Jr. in the death of his infant daughter, Jazmine Robin, who was ten weeks old when she died with 96 fractures throughout her tiny body. Jazmine’s mother, Katharine Wyndham White, is also charged in the baby’s death.
- Thursday, September 17 (1:30 PM): An arraignment hearing is scheduled in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana for Heather Lucille Hall, who is charged with negligent homicide in the death of her ten-month-old daughter, Rosalee Foster. Heather is accused of taking illegal drugs and passing out on top of the baby. Heather, who has bonded out of jail and is busy posting near-constant selfies and the occasional self-pitying rant on Facebook, is represented by attorney Donald M. Randall. A bill of indictment was filed on June 24.
- Thursday, September 17 (3:00 PM): A pretrial conference is scheduled in Monroe County, Indiana for Dayana Sarahid Medina-Flores, stepmother of Eduardo Posso.
- Tuesday, September 22 (9:00 AM): A pretrial hearing is scheduled for Jason Forsyth in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania before President Judge Nancy L. Butts. Jason is accused of beating to death his girlfriend’s 19-month-old son, Ky’mani Moore, in December of 2018. I had the privilege of speaking with Ky’mani’s paternal grandmother, Melissa Moore, on episode 18 of the podcast. Jason is being held in the Lycoming County prison.
- Tuesday, September 22 (11:30 AM): Ryan Sabin is scheduled to be in court again regarding a juvenile case involving another of his surviving children, evidently a child he does not share with Tara Sabin. These hearings are separate from those regarding the death of Ryan’s son, Zachary Sabin.
- Thursday, September 24 (9:00 AM): A court hearing is scheduled in Columbus, Ohio for Tina Dayton, who is accused in the death of her two-year-old son, Clifford “Jace” Stark. Tina is being held in the Franklin County jail.
- Thursday, September 24 (9:30 AM): A motion to dismiss hearing is scheduled for Tyler Williams, a police officer facing a felony charge of failing to report suspected child abuse or neglect in the case of three-year-old Serenity Robinson, who died when her mother, Leslie Joe Zeagler, who also faces charges in her death, veered her van off the road in Fort Myers, Florida. Leslie was allegedly under the influence of drugs, and Serenity was not restrained. Tyler bonded out of jail the same day he was arrested.
- Thursday, September 24 (10:00 AM): Christina Collado, the mother of Autumn Horak, is scheduled to be sentenced in Milwaukee by Judge Michelle A. Havas. Christina pleaded guilty to her charges related to Autumn’s death. I’ll be posting another update on Autumn’s case later tonight.
- Monday, September 28 (9:15 AM): A status conference is scheduled for Samantha Delcamp, mother of Arabella Parker. Samantha, who appeared on The Steve Wilkos Show shortly before being arrested, is being held at the Northumberland County jail.
- Thursday, October 1 (8:30 AM): A status conference is scheduled in Bakersfield, California for Clint Dammon Mason, who is accused of beating to death his girlfriend’s eight-year-old daughter, Ger’mya Alexander. Clint is held with no bail at the Lerdo Justice Facility.
- Thursday, October 1 (1:30 PM): A pretrial conference is scheduled before Judge Nicholas R. Thompson for Leslie Joe Zeagler, mother of Serenity Robinson. Leslie is being held in the Lee County Jail.
- Friday, October 2 (8:30 AM): A felony settlement conference is scheduled in Indio, California for Adam Slater, who is accused of throwing his one-year-old daughter, Madalyn Slater, off a cliff after trying to stab her pregnant mother to death. FYI, because I had to look this up: a felony settlement conference is a hearing that takes place following the arraignment of a defendant. During the conference, the parties attempt to negotiate a disposition in the case. If this fails, a preliminary hearing is scheduled in the case. Adam is being held in the Larry D. Smith Correctional Facility.
- Friday, October 2 (11:00 AM): A bond reduction and status hearing is scheduled before Judge Marianne Sezon for Joshua Gurto, who is accused of raping and beating to death one-year-old Sereniti Sutley in 2017. Sereniti’s mother, Kelsie Blankenship, was charged separately in her daughter’s death, as I discussed on episode 21 of the podcast. No court dates are currently scheduled for Kelsie. Joshua has been moldering away in the Ashtabula County Jail since 2017, and as far as I’m concerned, he can rot there. (“IF,” of course, he is convicted. Which he absolutely will be, IMO.) Kelsie is also held in Ashtabula County. On June 5, 2020, her attorney’s motion to suppress was overruled, which, if I’m not mistaken, means that a statement Kelsie made to a therapist about wanting to kill her daughter was ruled admissible. The defense requested a continuation of Kelsie’s trial, which had been scheduled to begin on May 18, and it has not yet been rescheduled.
- Monday, October 5 (8:30 AM): A “further arraignment” hearing is scheduled in Stockton, California for Billy Dee Williams and his wife, Takeisha Williams, apparently to cover any matters not addressed at the initial arraignment hearing. Both Billy Dee and Takeisha are accused in the torture and death of Billy’s seven-year-old daughter, Billie Williams. The couple is being held in the San Joaquin County Jail.
- Monday, October 5 (9:00 AM): The jury trial is scheduled to begin in Montgomery County, Virginia for McKenzie Hellman, who is accused in the sexual abuse and murder of his girlfriend’s two-year-old son, Steven Meek II.
- Wednesday, October 7 (9:30 AM): A status hearing is scheduled in Campbell County, Kentucky for Stacey Schuchart, who is accused of stomping her son, Sean “Ryan” Buttery Jr., to death while she was nine months pregnant.
- Thursday, October 8 (10:00 AM): A pre-trial hearing is scheduled in Peoria County, Illinois for Lesli Ann Jett, who is charged in the death of her live-in boyfriend’s four-year-old son, Tate Thurman. Lesli’s trial is scheduled for later in the month. She is being held in the Tazewell County Jail.
- Friday, October 16 (1:30 PM): Ryan and Tara Sabin are scheduled for their joint preliminary hearing on charges relating to the murder of Ryan’s 11-year-old son, Zachary Sabin.
- Monday, October 19 (10:00 AM): Lesli Ann Jett’s jury trial is scheduled to begin for the murder of Tate Thurman.
- Monday, October 26 (9:00 AM): A jury trial is scheduled for Ryan Sabin in his juvenile court cases related to the abuse of Zachary Sabin’s siblings.
- Monday, October 26 (1:15 PM): A status conference is scheduled in Idaho for Danielle Radue, who is charged in the murder of her infant son, Dawson McKinney. Danielle’s trial is scheduled to take place in January. She was released from the Ada County jail on August 10 after posting a $1 million surety bond. On October 12, her attorney, Edwina Elcox, filed a motion to disqualify Judge Patrick Miller.
- Thursday, November 5 (time unknown): A pretrial conference is scheduled before Judge Shatrese M. Flowers in Indianapolis for Anthony Dibiah, who is charged with the murder of his ten-year-old son, Nakota Kelly. Nakota’s remains still have not been recovered. Anthony’s trial is scheduled for later in the month; he is being held in the Marion County jail.
- Thursday, November 12 (8:30 AM): A status hearing is scheduled in Berks County, Pennsylvania for Lisa Snyder, who is charged with murdering her two children, eight-year-old Conner and four-year-old Brinley Snyder, by hanging them with a dog lead and staging it to look like a murder-suicide perpetrated by Conner. Lisa is being held in the Berks County prison. Prosecutors announced in March that they will seek the death penalty in this horrific case.
- Friday, November 13 (8:30 AM): The jury trial is scheduled in Harris County, Texas for Jason Paul Robin Jr. in the beating death of ten-week-old Jazmine Robin. It is unclear if Jazmine’s mother, Katharine White, will be tried simultaneously.
- Thursday, November 19 (9:00 AM): A pretrial conference is scheduled in Florida for Philletta Moransit, whose son, five-year-old Chance Peterkin, was found dead in a lake. I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if this case was delayed by a mental health evaluation. Philletta remains in the Highlands County Jail.
- Monday, November 23 (time unknown): The jury trial for Anthony Dibiah is scheduled to begin in Indianapolis for the murder of Nakota Kelly.
- Monday, December 21 (1:00 PM): A pretrial conference is scheduled in Idaho for Danielle Radue in the murder case of her infant son, Dawson McKinney.
- Tuesday, January 5 (9:00 AM): Danielle Radue’s jury trial is scheduled to begin for the murder of Dawson McKinney.
- Wednesday, January 20 (time unknown): The three-day jury trial is scheduled to begin in Montgomery County, Virginia for Kayla Thomas, who is accused of sexually abusing her two-year-old son, Steven Meek II. Steven was allegedly murdered by Kayla’s boyfriend, McKenzie Hellman.
- Monday, April 12 (9:00 AM): The five-day jury trial is scheduled to begin in Hampton, Virginia circuit court for Julia Tomlin, who is accused of killing her two-year-old son, Noah Tomlin, and then disposing of his body in a landfill before reporting him missing. I featured Noah’s story in episode 10 of the podcast.
And now a few small updates for the kids whose cases don’t have scheduled court dates.
- Stetson Blackburn: Four-year-old Stetson died in a Fort Worth, Texas hospital, allegedly at the hands of his mother, Shannon Lynn Gray, and her girlfriend, Reyna Marie Sanchez. Both remain in the Tarrant County jail. Shannon’s bond was set at $250,000; Reyna’s was set at $100,000.
- Adrien Decker: Six-month-old Adrien of Newark, Ohio died when his father, 18-year-old Michael Decker, allegedly slammed him into a bouncy seat. Michael was arraigned on May 19, 2020 on an involuntary manslaughter charge, and on August 17, a motion to suppress hearing was held, although the outcome was unclear. No future dates appear to have been set.
- Frankie Gonzalez: Two-year-old Frankie’s parents remain in the McLennan County Jail in Waco, Texas. His mother, Laura Villalon, had her bond set at $1.5 million surety, while his father, Lorenzo Gonzalez, is held with no bond on an immigration detainer. On August 20, Lorenzo waived arraignment. No future dates have been set in this case. I covered Frankie’s case on episode 19 of the podcast.
- Brock Kimsey: Three-month-old Brock of Gaffney, South Carolina fortunately survived his attack. His alleged abuser, Justin Crowe, who was the boyfriend of Brock’s mother, was arrested on January 16, 2020 for allegedly punching Brock in the head; Justin posted bond on January 27. He is represented by attorney Michael Berry. Right now, his case is pending trial, but no future dates have been scheduled.
- Anastasia McAlister: Two-year-old Anna was allegedly neglected and starved to death in her family’s home in Anderson, South Carolina. Three adults and a 17-year-old juvenile in the home were arrested and charged with neglect, but those charges were soon upgraded to homicide by child abuse. Anna’s mother, Chasya Gilbody, has been held in the Anderson County Detention Center since her February arrest. Anna’s father, Dylan McAlister, bonded out on July 17, although he is currently on house arrest with active GPS tracking and Geofence. He is allowed to leave the house only to attend work, doctor’s appointments, court hearings, and to meet with his attorney, and he is forbidden to have contact with children under 16. The couple’s roommate, Thomas Roberts, bonded out with no conditions on July 24. The fourth defendant, 17-year-old Bryhana Elizabeth Perry, is being tried as an adult, but I couldn’t find any updated information on her whereabouts. The three adult defendants (and likely Bryhana as well) were indicted on July 21, 2020. No future hearings have yet been scheduled.
- Jayden McGee: One-year-old Jayden of Birmingham, Alabama died after his mom’s boyfriend, Christopher Eugene Knight, babysat while his girlfriend was at work. Chris was charged with capital murder and has been held in the Jefferson County jail since March 10, 2020. In June, his attorney filed notice that the defense will not stipulate to the coroner’s report, requesting to question Dr. Gregory Davis, who received the subpoena via personal service on June 23. It is unclear if the doctor was questioned at Chris’s preliminary hearing, which took place on August 24, but either way, the capital murder charge was bound over on that day. A future date has not yet been set.
- Lennox Santiago: 23-month-old Lennox died in Mattydale, New York after his babysitter, Jessica Ruth Sims, allegedly swung him by the legs and smashed his head on a table. She has been in custody in the Onondaga County Detention Center since her arrest in March of 2020. I was unable to find information on any future dates in the case.
Some states are terribly stingy when it comes to information relating to ongoing criminal cases. In some cases, even making phone calls to court clerks and prosecutors’ offices netted me exactly zero information, but at least I can say I tried my best!
Now that courts are starting to resume pre-pandemic operations (of course, we’ll see how long that lasts), we should start to see movement in a lot of the cases I’ve been following. I’ll keep you guys as up-to-date as possible.
Thanks, as always, for reading (and listening)!
Sources: Various state and county court, jail, and government websites
On the Anastasia McAllister case. The girl who was the minor charged as an adult is my cousin unfortunately. But as far as the family knows she is living in Greenville or in Anderson. And guess what she just had a baby… Can u believe that crap…. After what had happened to that beautiful baby….. Such a shame!!!!!